Friday 9 September 2011

Abercrombie, Aussie & Autumn!

Hello lovelies, hope you have all been having a great week and the miserable weather hasn't been getting you down too much! Sorry for the abscence again, have had a lot of things going on at home and therefore haven't really been able to blog that much. So, autumn has returned, now I rather like autumn as a season - the leaves are beautiful and line the street with warm colours, can get back into the habit of wearing wooly hats, jackets and boots without looking slightly odd as you would in summer, plus it is just slightly getting colder but not absolutely I-can't-feel-my-face freezing weather that comes with winter. Plus, its the season which my birthday falls in, not that that is a massive factor or anything... -innocent whistle-. Honestly, I just love the fashion of autumn and the colours, before you have to wear so many layers you look like an eskimo that got lost on their way to the polar bear olympics which winter brings, you can wear layers but style it just enough to keep some form of a figure rather than a moving bunch of fabric (a common fashion look for me in winter time, as I fall over from the weight of a fifth jumper).

Anyway, my parents returned home from the States with a lot of goodies in hand, and part of the collection was a Pandora bracelet which I had been interested in for a little while as something to show personality, a suitcase charm to go with it (for all my travelling adventures), a hoard of Abercrombie and Fitch clothes, a large 1940s wide brim hat (I'm ready for my close up, Mr DeMille) and oreos! But with the A&F hoard came preparation for autumn, and something that really worked well across the days when sunshine may actually appear (a miracle occurs, in other words) it is light enough, but can also be layered enough in Autumn not to freeze and become a Stephsicle. So I styled it with the first of the new autumn wardrobe:

Jacket: H&M; Blouse: Abercrombie & Fitch; Vest Top: New Look; Jeans: Topshop; Boots: Next.


Anyway, I loved that this blouse had the pink flowers on it, so could brighten up the other wise all dark colours with some pink/coral vest top to liven it up a little! So this is the first of the Autumn outfits really, no doubt that jacket will be coming in to use along with the cardigans, jumpers and hoodies alot more now... Also just a quick pic of the Pandora bracelet, quite looking forward to collecting the charms although already have my eye on loads so think this will be one of the things of many that will make me poor...

Finally, my Aussie giveaway prize has literally just arrived (the DHL man just arrived with it in hand, that wonderful, wonderful man) and it is awesome! Plus excited about the chance to go to the Aussie summer party!!! But will have to follow the instructions carefully to find out the challenge! So a massive thank you to Aussie for the package and the future challenge, and to Maria who put me up for the prize so thank you, thank you, thank you! Definitely looking forward to my popping candy and using Aussie shampoo again, just ran out so it came in the nick of time! Here are some pictures of the goodies:




Anyway, signing off now to pop my poppers and have some fizzwhiz candy :D

Stephie x

1 comment:

  1. So glad the parcel got to you OK! Hope you enjoy it :D That blouse is gorgeous too :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I love reading every single one, it means so much to me knowing people are actually reading my ramblings! So thanks and I will reply to each one :-)