Friday 18 July 2014

House of Fraser Christmas Press Day 2014

Hello my lovelies, I hope everyone is having the chance to enjoy the sunshine at some point this week rather than just suffer the consequences of said sunshine on the central line like I did yesterday...

Today's post is focusing on the House of Fraser Christmas Press Day which I was fortunate enough to attend this week at their Head Office (via an invitation by Dani) to have a snoop around what is being offered in their Christmas collections. Let me warn thee now, there are some seriously pretty Christmassy things ahead so avert your eyes if you are not prepared to begin to get into the Christmas spirit...
























Even though I already have too many Christmas decorations, I know that I am going to be adding several of these pieces to my ever expanding collection this year - I mean, who says you can ever reaaaally have too many Christmas decorations - as long as you can still sort of see the tree, right?! The Christmas decor fell into five themes: Enchanted Forest; Black Magic; High Society; Frosty; Scandi Dining. I loved elements from all of the collections (especially the cute owl and Bambi-esque decorations) but there was one particular theme that I quickly became besotted with, suitably sharing the named with one of my favourite Grace Kelly films. Within the 'High Society' collection, by Linea, absolutely everything sparkled or glittered, from floating ballerinas who literally danced on air to a ruby slipper that the Wicked Witch of the West herself would want upon her Christmas tree. The entire collection just felt magical and elegant with a touch of whimsy.

But it wasn't just Christmas decorations that were on show...



























Oh the pretty things! So many pretty things! Despite the fact that it is only mid-July, I have now already begun to compile my Christmas gift list... The dresses, skirts, make-up, and accessories were just too beautiful to turn away. The dresses were designed to appeal to a wide range of styles - from floor length sequin gowns to 60s style mini dresses by a range of designers, including some new ones to be announced in September - I particularly loved some of Therapy & Dickens and Jones pieces which had a 50s feel to them with lace or floral patterns. It wasn't just the dresses that caught my eyes (that's a first) I even found myself pawing through the suits thinking how they would suit the Boy. After dragging myself away from the clothes room, I moved onto cosmetics & accessories, drawn to the displays featuring Penhaligon's Gentleman's Collection and Artemisia Eau de Parfum - I just loved their presentation with the ornate and colourful tins. On a similar thread, I loved the 'Pretty Vintage' theme with Guerlain and Creme De La Mar which was mostly dominated by soft shell pink shades and shimmer, but it was the Bobbi Brown collection above some gorgeous dresses that caught my eye. I've always loved Bobbi Brown, especially their Long-Wear Gel Liner, so it was a nice surprise to see some shimmery shades coming out for the Christmas period. 

So after mooching my way around and making a mental of note of everything I need when these items are released in September, I reluctantly left a Christmas Wonderland but not before being handed a bag of goodies by the lovely women at House of Fraser's head office.



I can't wait to start trying these products out - especially the YSL Youth Liberator Eye Cream which I have been coveting for several months now...  

Thanks House of Fraser for a lovely afternoon, and bring on Christmas 2014! To check these items out for yourself, follow the link: House of Fraser

Love,

Stephie x

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the Christmas beauty goodies and party dresses. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I love reading every single one, it means so much to me knowing people are actually reading my ramblings! So thanks and I will reply to each one :-)