Friday 11 July 2014

Dressing for a Wedding.


Hello my lovelies, the weekend has arrived - hurrah! And as the July sunshine bears down on us (and by sunshine I obviously mean rain) we have well and truly descended into wedding season.

Now I haven't had the chance to attend any weddings over the years (damn being  part of a small family!) apart from when I was a tiny little thing, so when I received my 'Save the Date' in the mail a month or so ago from two of my partner and I's closest friends, my mind instantly jumped to the prospect of being able to buy a fancy new frock to match the occasion. Well this one save the date seemed to set off a whole new set, with another coming in and the possibility of being a +1 with my friend - and so the wedding guest research began!

Wedding Guest

Above are just some of the styles that I have been considering from some of my favourite designers - Phase Eight; Ted Baker; Coast; Hobbs; and French Connection. I have fallen quite in love with neutral colours over this year and lace styles - both very feminine but can work well in winter, spring and summer. Luckily, my upcoming weddings are in the spring/summer seasons giving me more of an opportunity to break out the summery floral dresses than thinking about how I can layer everything up and not look like an Eskimo! The ballerina style is a particular favourite of mine for a wedding - not overly formal, but has a nice elegance to it which fits well with a day of celebration, and especially the Hobbs dress in the bottom right corner which has a gathered waist. 

Anyway, I am now in conundrum of do I buy a dress now for weddings which are in a year's time whilst  I have found some real beauties, or wait to see next season's goodies?! Oh the problems that a dressaholic faces!

How do you feel about wedding guest attire - formal or casual? What colours work best? When is too early to buy?

Love,

Stephie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I love reading every single one, it means so much to me knowing people are actually reading my ramblings! So thanks and I will reply to each one :-)