Saturday 19 July 2014

In Summer - FOTD

Hello my lovelies - my golly it's hot, isn't it?! I literally melted whilst chilling in a park in London yesterday, very much an Olaf-in-Arendelle moment (it was not as attractive on me as it is on Olaf). However, I shouldn't complain really as it is either this or downpour and I much prefer the sunshine!

Anyway, today's post is on my make-up look for this sweltering day as I headed out with my two best girls. 





 Products: Boots No7 Illuminating Instant Concealer; No7 Pressed Powder in Translucent; MAC Studio Fix Concealer; Urban Decay Eyeshadow in 'Sin'; Benefit Creme Eyeshadow in 'Bikini'; Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation; Benefit High Beam; Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmerbrick; Urban Decay Naked Palette; No7 Mascara; L'Oreal Eye Kohl in Brown; Real Techniques Core Collection Brushes; Benefit Dandelion Blush.








Lipgloss - Chanel Rouge

Generally in the summertime or on holiday, I will opt for this slightly softer look using a matte brown or slightly shimmery brown eyeliner pencil rather than my usual black liquid/gel liner as it tends to stay put more in the heat of the day and can be a softer framing of the eyes. I also experimented more with my blusher - mixing my standard light pink Dandelion with the Bobbi Brown Shimmer-brick to give my cheeks a gentle highlight. I love both of these products, but I really only use the Shimmer-brick when the sun is out as I find that sometimes in the winter (without the sun to bounce off of) the shimmery colours can emphasise some imperfections on my skin. What I really love about summertime and going more for this softer eyeliner look is the more adventurous I can be with my eyeshadow. Whilst opting for my usual black eyeliner cat flick I try to stick to more simple shades so as not to deflect from the eyeliner, but in summer I can try all sorts of combinations. Today's shade was 'Sin', one of my all time favourite shades by Urban Decay, I first fell in love with it when using my 'Naked' palette (all those years ago...) and have now stored up with an individual pot. It is just the perfect mix of a neutral shade with a shimmery touch which adds a bit of Hollywood Glamour, and a great base to blend more shades into to create a variety of day/evening looks. 

Do you have a summertime look or a favourite eyeshade? Comment below to let me know!

Love,

Stephie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I love reading every single one, it means so much to me knowing people are actually reading my ramblings! So thanks and I will reply to each one :-)