Wednesday 14 March 2012

Review: Rimmel Matte Pressed Powder & Macaroons!

"Happy Windsday Piglet" - Just thought it would be a nice way to start, especially since it has been a little windy today... Or so it seems through the bars of my cage... Over-dramatic, anyone? 

Anyway, as my readers might have picked up from other FOTD posts, I am a loyal to Boot's No7 make-up especially their 'creme touch pressed powder' which is the perfect base for my make-up and is one of my essential items. So when it ran out the other day I thought I might try something else that was a little cheaper and came across this little gem by Rimmel! 







For £5.49 (I think), I am seriously thinking of dropping Creme Touch and replacing it with this! The coverage is absolutely amazing and gave me this flawless skin look with only a little application whilst avoiding that 'caked on' look that you can get with some powders. This is one happy customer! Plus the colour was perfect for my complexion which is sometimes hard to cater for being so pale! The only downside is that it doesn't come with a powder puff or anything which is annoying but not something that is going to hold me back from buying again. 

Here's the rest of my look using my beloved Naked2 Palette and Rimmel Liquid Eyeliner:



 Eyeshadows: 'Verve' & 'Pistol' from Urban Decay's Naked2 Palette; Blush: Benefit's 'Thrrrob'; Eyeliner: Rimmel's Liquid Eyeliner; Mascara: Diorshow Iconic; Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte.



That last one is because my hair is getting dyed again tomorrow so think it will be the last time for a whiiiiile that I am going to be a redhead - shall miss it I think! But bring on the new spring/summer hairstyle!

And just as a random thing, since being stuck at home I have got into baking using the 'Great British Bake Off' recipe book. Yesterday, I made a victoria sponge, which like the title says, was the perfect victoria sponge - weight was definitely gained. Today, I upped the challenge and decided I was going to conquer Pina Colada Macaroons, from scratch. After a good hour or so of preparation and having my outfit covered in icing sugar (anyone want to donate an apron?), here were the results:




And they were goooood - not to blow my own trumpet or anything... However, they literally are just sugar, double cream and pineapple - but a gorgeous treat for every now and then, bringing a little Paris to Essex!

Now what to bake next??

Do you have an essential make-up item? What do you think of Rimmel make up?

Love,

5 comments:

  1. The macaroons look lush! om nom nom

    Love your hair colour!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use that powder everyday :) love it!
    Those macaroons look delish

    Shannen Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love your hair! :) Great post girl! :)
    http://whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Essex girl? Well damn. We seem to be taking over the blogging world from out little county ;) Chelmsford born and bred here, where are you from then?

    Devon x
    www.eightforawish.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very pretty. Also Rimmel is a great product and really compliments you well. You look awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I love reading every single one, it means so much to me knowing people are actually reading my ramblings! So thanks and I will reply to each one :-)